Vice President Joe Biden is known for many things: his big smile, his friendliness, his successful career as a senator. But really, Mr. Biden is most famous for his ability to say incredibly stupid things at incredibly inappropriate times. Here are the top 8 most ridiculous Bidenisms over the years.
8. Barack Obama is our president, and so for many people represents American interests. Joe Biden took that idea pretty literally at his first rally as the running mate of the future president in August 2008.
“A man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next president of the United States—Barack AMERICA.”
7. Lots of Democrats were excited when Barack Obama signed the Affordable Care Act on March 23, 2010, but no one more than Joe Biden. The vice president was caught on an open microphone congratulating President Obama with exclaiming
“That is a big f**king deal!” (clip here)
6. Joe Biden wants to assure America of Barack Obama’s assets.
“I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you.” Okay, so he was citing Teddy Roosevelt’s “speak softly and carry a big stick” quote, but still. (clip here)
5. Vice President Biden is good at many things. Counting is apparently not one of those things. One of his best quotes from the 2008 campaign:
“Look, John’s last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.” (clip here)
4. Even Joe Biden agrees that Hillary Clinton is rad as heck. Speaking at a small town meeting in New Hampshire in 2008, Biden asserted,
“Hillary Clinton is qualified or more qualified than I am to be the vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me.”
3. Biden cares about health.
“I got tested for AIDS. I know Barack got tested for AIDS. There’s no shame in being tested for AIDS. It’s an important thing.”
2. Okay then, Joe. No judgment.
“I’ve known eight presidents, three of them intimately.”(clip here)
1. And now, we’re at my personal favorite. The Vice President of the United States, ladies and gentleman:
“You cannot go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent…I’m not joking.” (clip here)